I have 100 windows 7 boxes which connected together with switch, and don't have internet access. I need to deploy some files (~1G) to every machine. Is there a fast way to do this, especially with script? And maybe have a verification process. I have admin access.
This is how I do this for now:
- On machine 1, share that folder to everyone
- Go to machine 2, open explorer, go to
\\<machine 1 IP>\c$\path\to folder\
- Windows prompt to ask login credential, enter id: < machine 1 IP>\< admin account>, eg: 192.168.0.1\administrator, and enter pwd
- Copy and paste the file (this won't take to long since it's gig Ethernet)
- Jump on machine 3 and repeat
This way I have to enter id/pwd 100 times and go to each machine. I am looking for a way to reduce the repetitive typing and I can work on machine 1 to finish the deployment process. Can the community advise? Thanks.