Our company has 8 departments each housing approximately 12 people on average. I'm the CTO of the company and IT is involved in pretty much all departments. As such, there is a need to define and document all IT processes and also all the tech level scenarios in order for us to understand what we are doing. Could be things like:
- What does the order flow look like?
- What systems does an order pass?
- What responsibilities do all of our administration servers have?
- How does our web server backend system work?
- Our content delivery network?
- And what about backups and redundancy of our mail server?
And so on, the list just grows...
Having this documented visually using some kind of standard methodology is a requirement as loads of texts just introduces too much overhead in terms of rapid understanding. Any such tool must be easy and quick to work with otherwise documentation will NOT happen anyway.
What are you using out there? Any input is much appreciated.