All users in the company I work for are configured to use roaming profiles. One specific user has asked me to remove roaming profiles for her. There is a folder redirection policy in place and it is applied to a group that all users are members of.
I want to disable folder redirection for this user without affecting any of the other users in the company. My steps:
- Remove user from group
- Create an OU and a group to undo folder redirection policy settings
- Make user a member of that group
- Configure same folder redirection setting but with the "Redirect the folder back to the local user profile location when policy is removed" option enabled
- Link new policy to new OU and set security so it only applies to the new group created in step 2 with No Override
- Set security on original policy so the new group created in step 2 has Deny Read and Apply Group Policy permissions
- Logoff the user and restart her computer
This does not seem to work well for me. Maybe I missed a step or did something before or after I should have done it.
Any help on this matter will be appreciated.