I have a maintenance plan setup for a databases on a server. As part of the backup is a Maintenance Cleanup Task.
SQL Version 2008
The task that 'succeeds' is setup as:
Delete backup files Correct folder (same address as the backup task) File extension: bak (NOT .bak) Delete files older than: 20 Hour(s)
I have other similar cleanup tasks that occur in the same maintenance plan which work fine. This plan has worked fine in the past, I just noticed that last night it reported 'success' and the rest of the plan continued, however the file from 2 days ago still remains.
I have checked similar questions such as this question, and this is not the case as my maintenance task worked fine two days ago and for the past several weeks: