I have a print server which runs on Windows 2003. When one of our domain user tries to connect to a particular printer from his XP machine, he gets the error message:
You do not have sufficient access to your computer to connect to the selected printer
Couple of observations I have come across during troubleshooting.
- User is able to connect few other printers on the same server
- Other few set of users able to add this printer on their machines and able to print.
- I have recreated the printer but still same error
- I have renamed his profile on his machine but no luck
- Checked the registry key HKCU\software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows, it does exist.
- The make and model of the printer is HP LaserJet P2050