Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is it possible to park domain over, say (which I do not own)? is filtered in my country and I wondering is it possible to register domain and park it over I know this should be done using Youtube Administrator, But I am wondering is there a trick to do this myself? For example by using a NameServer special kind Record.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

That's unlikely to work because what likely is filtered is the IP address (try accessing and not (only) the domain name.

Unfortunately, most censors are not stupid. Depending on where you live, they are also humorless, which can land you in any kind of nasty trouble.

share|improve this answer

You will be creating a CName to youtube. It doesn't work because that way it defaults to

If you can afford it buy cheap hosting and use that as a reverse proxy, if thats legal.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.