I'm having difficulties in creating a connection from my SQL Server 2008 Enterprise SP2 x64 into the Oracle database 10g even though I have already install the Oracle Client 11g R2 ?
I've followed this article from steps URL: http://www.ideaexcursion.com/2009/01/05/connecting-to-oracle-from-sql-server/
plus added: TNS_ADMIN into the Server variables which point into: C:\Oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\network\admin
what is working now:
- TNSNAMES.ORA has been copied successfully from the other Developer wworkstation
- i can TNSPING into the DB instance
- i can connect to the database using SQLplus and perform any SQL commands
- i can create the DSN ONLY when using "[b]C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe[/b]" the normal odbcad32 doesn't show my DSN that I have just created ?
- the DSN created from the above works fine from the test connection.
my goal: To be able to select the Oracle connection in the Linked server object but still no effect after I restart the server. (Windows Server 2008 Enterprise 64 bit SP2).
Any idea please in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.