I have an application running on Server 2008 which wireless clients connect to with a client app. I started with a Cisco WAP4410N, but the connection was unusable slow so I updated the switch to a 24-port Gigabit Netgear and added a Netgear WNDAP350 as I was unhappy with the WAP4410N. This is in a smallish area, but both the 4410N and the WNDAP350 can cover it so I gave both different SSIDs and placed them on opposite ends of the 5 GHz frequency with a 40 MHz signal. The idea being I could split the load between them, lower chances for interference, and keep throughput high.
Unfortunately running perfmon on the server shows disk I/O is spiking really hard as it total network I/O. The primary symptom is the computers hang on action with no network activity seen on the wireless networking connection on task manager > networking.
At this point I've exhausted my ideas and I'd ideally like to be able to point to a graph and say, "this here is the problem". But with several possible problems it isn't obvious to me the issue. If there is any information I've left out please let me know.
Thank you all.
(software is based on sql server express 2005)