I have some doubts on the performance of clustering and session management in load balanced environment. Here are my questions:
- What are the drawbacks of sticky-sessions and session replication. The cluster will contain 4 nodes, but many concurrent user sessions may be expected.
- What is the heavy load performance of both solutions?
- Have anyone used any of them in a production environment?
- How about scalability?
- If using persistent shared sessions - where to store the state to achieve a possibly fast and stable solution?
- Have you got any experience with session sharing (in external memcache, database etc.) in a big scale?
Thanks for any advice