I set up a test domain for my LDAP SSL tests and it is not working. I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 SP 1.
I came so far:
1. i generated and installed my self signed certificate on the test domain controller
2. on the server i can log into ldap over SSL with the MS ldp.exe tool.
3. using ldp.exe on a client that is no in this domain the login fails with error 0x51 = "failed to connect". (i don't have a client computer that is in this domain right now)
4. I testet the certificate by using it in the IIS on the test server and I can reach the default page of the test server over SSL. (from the client that is not in the domain)
5. analysing the traffic between client and server I can see that the server is sending a certificate to the client.
why isn't this working on my client computer?