(I've seen some similar questions on Server Fault, such as Suggestions for hosted file sharing services, but our needs are somewhat different.)
We have a small non-profit org with 10 full-time staff in three offices on two continents, and are looking for a new solution for a shared file server, ideally hosted/cloud-based. This is primarily an internal solution, for sharing, storage, and collaboration in all areas.
- We use Google Docs for limited collaboration, but aren't ready to use Google exclusively. We work from laptops and desktops with a variety of desktop software, and prefer to continue that way for the time being.
- For 3 years, we've been using the business offerings from Humyo (now Trend Micro), but we've found the platform increasingly unstable, especially the virtual drive PC client, and they recently "lost" 20 GB of shared files and haven't been responsive about tracking them down. (Our own backups notwithstanding, their nonchalance about misplacing that kind of data is disturbing.)
We're looking for:
- A scalable platform that can grow with us, including current needs of about 100 GB.
- Advanced permissions allowing employee and division-based access to the system.
- As a small non-profit, cost is an issue, although we know high quality service is worth paying for.
- PC virtual network drive (windows) access for regular day-to-day use.
- Web-based access for staff on the road.
It looks like the two best options for us are Egnyte and JungleDisk workgroup edition.
Do you have experience deploying either of these products, and would you recommend them? Do you have other solutions or products to recommend?