So I have this VPS on CentOS. A few months ago, I installed apache2, mysql and some other stuff, to host a wordpress blog. Now, for some reason, the mysql service has shutdown, and I'm unable to restart it.
- "which mysql" returns "/usr/bin/mysql" seems to confirm it is indeed installed
- "/etc/init.d/mysql" returns "-bash: /etc/init.d/mysql: No such file or directory"
- "service mysql start" returns "-bash: service: command not found"
- Interchanging mysql for mysqld did not made any changes in those last two points
- Only log file related to mysql, in the /var/log folder is named mysqld.log.rpmsave and is empty
Thruthfully, I'm a programmer and I am utterly confused by this situation. Any idea?
-- EDIT --
Thanks for your answers guys. I tried Caleb and lain's suggestion and unfortunately
/sbin/service mysql start or
/sbin/service mysqld start returns me
As for the result of
rpm -qa | grep mysql :
remi being the repo where I found newer version of PHP (from 5.1.X to 5.3).