I just received a 2nd hand IBM xSeries 335 1U rack mountable server, and I have a few questions about it:
- How do I install it? Is there an Installation Utility disk like for the HP Proliant servers (SmartStart do they call it if I remember correctly)? If yes, how is it called, and where do I get it?
- What are the power requirements - how much Ampère do I need for it: 0.5A, or 1.0A, or more? Below are the specs... (I need this to know how much a place in a datacenter will cost)
- Is there a device like the iLO on HP servers on such IBM servers?
These are the specs:
- 2x 36.4 SCSI 10k RPM HDD.
- 2x 2.4 Ghz Intel XEON processor
- 2GB RAM (2 modules of 1GB)