Server Fault is a question and answer site for system and network administrators. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Possible Duplicate:
Can you help me with my software licensing question?

I want to run Office 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 via terminal services. I have the key for Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and I have the CALs for Windows Terminal Server 2008 and key for Office 2010 Pro Plus.

Do I just need to add the license server on another box, and does this additional box need a terminal server license too?

share|improve this question

marked as duplicate by Iain Feb 29 '12 at 11:34

This question was marked as an exact duplicate of an existing question.

TS 2008 keys aren't good on 2008R2. You can put the TS License service on the same server, or another. TS Licensing is much more complicated than "normal" Windows licensing and I highly recommend you get someone involved who really knows what they're doing. – Chris S Apr 19 '11 at 19:21

If you want to run it on terminal services this means that you will have more then one instance of it running. I think you need to get a different key for Office, the volume activation key. After you setup the KMS server you will need the Microsoft Office 2010 KMS Host License Pack. Here is a Technet article on setting up the KMS host and Office volume activation.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.