I'm trying to extend a drive in ESX3.5. This is an NTFS volume that serves as a primary boot for Windows 2003, but that shouldn't matter. Here's what I do within VMWare Infrastructure:
- Right-click VM, select "Edit Properties"
- Select Hard Disk 1, it says Disk Size (GB): 33.91, Maximum size: 256 (GB).
- I can verify that on the data store there's several TB available, unused.
- I increase the size "New Size" to 60 GB, note: made sure it was GB and not MB
- Boot to a GParted Live ISO
- Parition shows a very small (8MB) unallocated amount. It is as if the size hasn't changed.
I'll power off the VM, notice that the size is still 33.91GB, as if my changes aren't taking place. Strange, so I'll increase the "New Size" box again, click Ok ... go back to the Edit Settings and the size is still 33.91GB. "Reconfigure Virtual Machine" shows completed with a green flag, no errors but it is obviously not working. What can I do?