im having an issue with group policy deployed printers..
i have a/d OUs for each category of computers..
top OU: Computers
- dtsc 5 computers - deploys dtsc printers with group policy
- lvm 5 computers - deploys lvm printers with group policy
- nm: 5 computers - deploays nm printers with group policy
top OU: Users
- dtsc 5 users - no group policies
- lvm 5 users - no group policies
- nm 5 users - no group polices
i setup GPs under each computer OU for printer deployment, sharing them on a central server. no GPs are set under the user OUs everything is computer based, and the properties are set in the computer policies.
the GPs work to an extent - the printers show up, but so does all the other ones.. for example, i have a policy in dtsc that deploys the dtsc printers from the server. but dtsc can also see the lvm and nm printers even though the lvm and nm polocies are not linked under the dtsc ou? each printer has (redirect 1) listed at the end of it as well
anyone have any idea why this may be?