I'm looking for an FTP server product with Active Directory integration for installation on a Windows server.
I have been looking at different products, but I have a hard time finding a product, which has a decent Active Directory integration. I need something that integrates properly with Active Directory groups and is able to "merge" group memberships. An example:
User A is a member of Group X and Y
- Group X has read access to Directory1 and read access to Directory 2
- Group Y has write access to Directory1 and read access to Directory 3
User A gets a merged permission set consisting of:
- Read/write access to Directory1
- Read access to Directory2
- Read access to Directory3
And sees all 3 directories in his home directory when logging on to the server.
I have been looking at the FTP server built into IIS 6 but to me it seems like the Active Directory integration is on a user basis only. Am I right about this? Tutorials like the one at http://weblogs.asp.net/owscott/archive/2004/02/05/68423.aspx seems to indicate this, though it's not stated explicitly.
Would IIS 7 be a better choice? Other suggestions?