Please ignore the partial rant that will follow:
I have a simple windows 2008R2 VPS, running a few sites.
I wanted to add an FTPS, you know like most normal people do....
So began the journey of pure frustration.
I mean does it really, really, really need to be this difficult?
This is what I've done so far:
(1) Created a folder in the ftproot directory. Lets call this "MrFoo"
(2) Created a new user lets say "MrFooUser" and associated password
(3) Created a domain to point to my server e.g "MrFoo.co.uk"
(4) Using the IIS 7 wizard created an FTP site, made sure the bindings are for "MrFoo.co.uk"
(5) Made sure that it uses SSL (using self certification).
(6) The FTP site is on port 21 (As I heard there are issues with port 990)
(7) Set up Permissions, Authorizations, etc for the "MrFooUser"
(8) Set up Folder isolation to first option
love of sanity
can some-one post a "step by step" idiots guide to setting up a simple FTPS on IIS7 (I think I may have IIS7.5 actually) that works...