We are currently using Rackspace Cloudsites to host a very large WordPress Membership Content site using WishListMember. This setup is kind of slow for the price we pay for it, as Rackspace's MySQL and PHP performance is not great. I'm trying to convince the management to let me migrate it over to a SliceHost or Linode VPS so I can have more control over the setup.
How much RAM should our MySQL server have to host a large WordPress site?
- That is the main use of the MySQL server.
- There are around 100-200 small pages. Very little regular posting.
- Betweeen 3,000 current regular users who are subscribed to the site (how much to scale this up to 15,000?)
- A good caching plugin is installed an enabled.
- Most pages contain only 0-2kb of data each.
Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out with this question.