I am having problems getting my network to play nice, despite it working previously. Here are the main system details;
- CentOS box as a router / firewall (firewall currently disabled while I get the network operating)
- eth0 used for internal network with ip 192.168.254.200, gateway set to 127.0.0.1
- eth1 used for external network with ip 192.168.254.202, gateway set to 192.168.254.100
- ip forwarding enabled in sysctl.conf
- external gateway to internet available at 192.168.254.100 - tested and working.
- Windows machine, Windows server and eth0 connected to a hub. eth1 connected to another hub which connects out to the external gateway.
From my CentOS box I can ping the external gateway but not the internal network, if I disable the eth1 it can then find everything again. Now this was all functioning fully until I began using IPTABLES to try and configure rules, when I had some issues I flushed all rules, disabled everything and stopped the service.
Any ideas or things to try? Thanks for any help.