The django app at halfcan.org is hosted on an Amazon ec2 micro instance. I can access it from my computer and from my phone on the same wifi. But anyone else gets a long wait and then "problem loading page",. Here is what I know:
- it's not a browser problem: they have tried IE and firefox with the same result
- dns has been set up for a week and is propagated: the A record is set to 22.214.171.124
- 126.96.36.199 is an Amazon elastic IP which is connected to my instance
- the frontend server is nginx and it logs accesses and errors when I connect, but nothing when other people try.
- so it appears the DNS or elastic IP is not working for them, but it is for me. How can that be? How do I debug that?