While on the LAN I can't RDP to the server.
- Remote access is enabled
- Correct users are added
- All firewalls are turned off
- I can ping the server
- No event errors are logged
- When I try to connect I just get the generic Remote Desktop can't connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:
1) Remote access to the server is not enabled
2) The remote computer is turned off
3) The remote computer is not available on the network
I'm not sure what else I can do to get RDP working. Any ideas?
EDIT: Confusion between RDP and Remote Desktop Services. Just need to remote in to my server with RDP.
I'm just connecting to my server remotely I do not have Remote Desktop Services installed (Terminal Services). As I said above the firewall is off and there is no other firewall between my self and the server. There are no events in the event manager showing a failed connection. Under remote settings you have to add the users you want to allow to connect to the server remotely since the user is me I have added my self to this.