Development server (testing environment): Windows 7 with XAMPP, Visual SVN Server and Trac
Live server (staging and live environments): Amazon EC2 with Ubuntu 10, Apache, PHP, MySQL and VNCServer
Developer machine: Putty, TortoiseSVN, TightVNC and WinSCP.
- We are working in a WordPress website
- The edition of content is done in the "live environment"
- The programming of the theme is done in the "testing environment"
- The "staging environment" is just for testing everything before deploying to "live"
- We have 3 copies of the same WP db for "testing", "staging" and "live"
- I connect to Amazon server using an SSH connection and several tunnels for Remote Control, MySQL Administration and SFTP
- What's the best way to syncronize the live, staging and testing WP databases?
- Can I create a .bat file or use a program to automatize the deployment from testing to staging?