- I have a server running apache with a self-signed certificate (the server) with subversion hooked in
- It requires a username to checkout or update from the repo.
- I have a checkout from the repo that I am trying to update on a cron job on two servers: server and client. Neither cron job will work for the same reason (I have almost the same setup on both, but the client is simpler).
- The following are on client, where there is only one login: root (I know, please spare me the ridicule)
- they are both gentoo if you think that matters
Error validating server certificate for 'https://server:443': - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the fingerprint to validate the certificate manually! - The certificate hostname does not match. Certificate information: - Hostname: Tom - Valid: from Sun, 01 Feb 2009 03:51:25 GMT until Tue, 01 Feb 2011 03:51:25 GMT - Issuer: Fake Company, NYC, New York, US - Fingerprint: fingerprint here (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: OPTIONS of 'https://server/svn/repo': Server certificate verification failed: certificate issued for a different hostname, issuer is not trusted (https://server)
I know all this. That's why I followed all the guides to get svn to automatically accept the certificate:
[global] ssl-authority-files = /root/scripts/server.crt
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- MIIDejCCAmICCQDibo0twimetjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADB/MQswCQYDVQQGEwJV UzERMA8GA1UECBMITmV3IFlvcmsxDDAKBgNVBAcTA05ZQzEjMCEGA1UEChMaSGFw et al -----END CERTIFICATE-----
svn up /BACKUP/checkouts/server/ --username tom
And the command runs fine as root (no sudo, directly as root) with no prompting for confirming a certificate (it had previously, but I chose p for accept permanently).
Does anyone know why my script won't work? It's been annoying me for the past several months.
Edit:It's taken me a bit to get back to this, and I followed David's advice, but it still doesn't work. Now the error is:
Error validating server certificate for 'https://server:443': - The certificate is not issued by a trusted authority. Use the fingerprint to validate the certificate manually! Certificate information: - Hostname: server - Valid: from Sat, 20 Jun 2009 14:10:45 GMT until Mon, 20 Jun 2011 14:10:45 GMT - Issuer: Fake Company, New York, US - Fingerprint: 1a:c6:9c:eb:62:9e:e1:05:d9:d3:ac:01:f4:35:dc:00:14:48:e5:39 (R)eject, accept (t)emporarily or accept (p)ermanently? svn: OPTIONS of 'https://server/svn/folder': Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted (https://server)