I'm interested in building a small Asterisk environment to explore Asterisk.
I understand that these are multiple questions, but considering how closely related these are to each other, I decided to ask them as one question. If I need to, I'll split them up.
- intra-Asterisk only at this time
- lines no external lines (no POTS or PSTN, etc.)
- 1 concurrent internal calls & no external calls
- lab-type reliability (assume 100mbit)
- LAN and 802-11G wifi
- How much server (RAM, CPU, disk) do I need?
- Could I run this on a VM?
- Are there softphone options for Mac I could use?
- If not, are there wifi handsets?
- Will I need any cards? (Since I'm planning on softphone/wifi handsets and no external calls, I don't think so.)