Following further investigations from my previous question, and the good advice of @Shane Madden I have the following environment:
- 2x Windows Server 2008 R2 Member Servers
- COSTELLO (Build Server)
- GRECO (SQL Server)
- 2x Windows Server 2008 Domain Controllers
- 16 Client Machines, Mix of:
- Windows 7
Occasionally the DNS records for the two Member Servers are removed.
I have tried the following:
- Disabled Ageing and Scavanging at both the server and the zone level.
- Disabled then re-enabled the 'Register this connection's address in DNS' for each server.
Directory Service Changessecurity auditing.
I have gone through the
DNS Server event logs on both Domain Controllers and the Member Servers and can not find anything related to DNS records being removed or modified. I have checked replication is working correctly by manually creating records on one server and watching them replicate to the other.
There does not appear to be any rhyme or reason as to why these records are deleted it happened 5 days ago, then during the day yesterday and again overnight.