I am trying to upload a Windows 2008 SP2 server image to Amazon EC2, but once the process is complete, I can't connect to it.
- I had ops export a VMDK from our datacenter.
- The image appeared to have a fixed IP, so I loaded it in VMWare player and enabled DHCP.
- I uploaded it following amazon's instructions: http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/vmimport/
- I start the new instance and try to RDP to the public DNS; connection fails.
My two thoughts are:
- Loading it in VMWare player messed it up somehow, since the instructions say use an ESX image.
- The image they made me had the wrong network adapter type. The image has an Intel(R) PRO/1000 MT adapter using the E1G60I32.sys driver.