Debian or Ubuntu for online multiplayer game cluster? (latest versions both)
I plan to run:
- Erlang apps (ejabberd + modules) with many-many connection
- Java apps for business logic
- Memcached with about 32 GB
- Heavily loaded postgresql 9.X
- Some php stuff for front end.
Of course it will be distributed over 4-8 machines.
Have some experience with Debian - everything is great but software a little bit outdated... Have very little ext with Ubuntu - runs like charm at the moment but heard that it has problems with many connections... (No idea if it is true, this is why I ask you.)