I want to find DB2 port in windows, please help. Some information:
- DB2 v 9.7 Personal Edition - new/fresh install
- netstat command does not list db2 port.
- db2 entry missing was missing in system32\drivers\etc\services file so, made an entry - "db2c_DB2 50000/tcp"
- able to start db2 using control center and create tables and insert rows
- able to start db2 using CLP and perform opertaions
Actually, I'm trying to connect to DB2 using "jdbc:db2://127.0.0.1:50000/TEST" as connect URL from Java but, I get an error: "Exception java.net.ConnectException: Error opening socket to server /127.0.0.1 on port 50,000 with message: Connection ref used: connect. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=08001"
I find that DB is up and running but, not listening on port 50000, though mentioned in services file. So, db2 is listening on some other port but,
- what's the port it's using?
- why it's not using port #50000 as mentioned in services file?
- why netstat command is not listing db2 service and port information?
Thanks much in advance.