As stated above, I had a bit of an issue with my CRM 2011 server last week. I run a small computer repair company and use it to manage my clients. I was running the server in a VirtualBox VM and the host hard drive ran out of space. My original problem was that the virtual hard drive got corrupted towards the end. I was able to use Acronis to clone the VHD to a new one and got my Server 2008 R2 running again. Then I ran into a problem where SQL Server 2008 wasn't running correctly. Ran a repair on that and got access to my data again. When I went to log into my CRM, all of the dashboards threw a generic SQL error. I found a script on another blog that helped me fix that issue(script below). But now whenever I try to open any entity, I get a generic error. No information on whats going on and no error codes. I can see the specific entries in the list view, but the error comes up every time I try to open one of them. I tried repairing CRM multiple times with no change. Any help?
EXEC sp_resetstatus 'MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM'; ALTER DATABASE MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM SET EMERGENCY DBCC checkdb('MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM') ALTER DATABASE MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE DBCC CheckDB ('MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM', REPAIR_ALLOW_DATA_LOSS) ALTER DATABASE MicrosoftCRM_MSCRM SET MULTI_USER
Edit. Link to Trace: http://www.onyx-computers.com/crmtrace.log
Trace was too big for the post so I added it to my FileSonic account.
I should also add that yesterday, I tried creating a new server from scratch and importing organizations database. That didnt help at all. It still does the same thing. I also noticed that when the error page comes up, there is a Try Again and Cancel button and when I click Try Again a few times, I get a 404 error.
Edit. Changed link from FileSonic to my web host.