When I deploy a printer to a computer it only seems to deploy to our Windows XP machines. If I deploy to users it deploys to our Windows XP and 7 machines. When I look in the RSoP Snap-in it shows the policy hitting the computer successfully and there are no errors in the event viewer. Anyone have any ideas?
Here's what you have to do to get Windows 7 to be printer friendly with a Windows 2003 domain/print server.
Computer configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Printers
Set the following:
I would also like to add I've had a lot of trouble with this and want this answer to be complete. I've had issues with user's not being able to print on this randomly. Would remove the printer and when readding it from GPO would see the following suppressed message:
When I would manually try to add it from the print server I would then have the message:
Update for Win7 SP1
Win7 SP1 includes this hotfix, so if you're having this problem with SP1 you need to keep digging. Took me a while to figure out, so thought I'd save others the trouble. I'll repost here if I figure out why this happens on SP1.