If you aren't willing or able to prevent users from keeping old emails "forever", what solution do you have?
- Exchange 2007 allows pretty massive mailboxes, but lots of people still recommend against it (although it's unclear whether there's a real reason for this, or it's just an old habit).
- PST files should not be on a network drives -- the choice seems to be doing it anyways (which I've done for years without any real problem) or backing up desktops (not always an option)
So.. what else?
- Bonus points for solutions that works with hosted/outsourced exchange setups
- Bonus points for solutions that allow for some archives to be shared amongst users
- Bonus points for solutions that allow access/search via Outlook (Added w/ Edit)
- This has nothing to do with compliance, I don't care to archive all emails