I am attempting to debug a client issue with our ClickOnce application. He is the only person with this particular deployment problem.
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.1:80
The message is straightforward enough, but I am out of ideas for debugging. I have tried the following
- Had user ping our deployment server and it comes back with proper ip address
- User's local network is of 192.168.1.x format and not 192.168.0.x. Pinging the error message ip address gives not found error
- Had user disable VPN, Firewall and A/V
- Interestingly if he uninstalls our software and then visits our ClickOnce page our program is actually downloaded and installed. But then when it tries to launch he gets the error
- Installed Fiddler and I can see that when the program launches he sends out an initial request and gets a 200 response, but then the program fails with above message.
- Another computer on same network works fine. Had user switch ports on the switch.
Thank you for any additional troubleshooting tips. I just can't figure out where this ip address is coming from and why they are encountering it. User is very technologically adept so I can ask him to do complicated things.