I have a common question, but I didn't find an answer over the internet.
The idea is simple. I have Windows 2008 R2 dedicated server (I rent it for about $100/month). And I want to organize local network based on virtual computers running Windows Server 2008 R2. The scheme of the network I want is:
- Main (and the only one physical) computer, used to host virtual machines. Has a real IP address like 46.4.x.x
- Windows SQL-server, IP address 10.0.0.1
- Windows WWW-server 1, IP address 10.0.0.2
- Windows WWW-server 2, IP address 10.0.0.3
- Windows machine for other needs, IP address 10.0.0.4
- Linux machine with nginx installed, has real IP and 10.0.0.5
Computers thru 1 to 4 must have internet access, but it can't be reached outside. Linux machine running nginx must be reached outside and within the network.
How to archive this network structure with Hyper-V? Should I use VPN? What type of VPN? Open VPN or any other type? Is there any step-by-step guide I can use? I want to save my time.