I’m running Symantec BackupExec 12.0 on a Windows 2003 server. After I powered down my SCSI tape drive (Dell PowerVault 124t autoloader) it no longer shows up in Backup Exec in the device pool. So far, I have
- updated firmware on the tape unit
- reloaded drivers
- walked through the wizards in BUE
- updated patches on BUE
- restarted the server and the tape drive
- updated all drivers to the latest versions
- run every utilities known top man.
Device manager shows the Tape unit is working properly and so is the SCSI Raid controller. I have walked through all of the tech notes from Symantec and other support blogs. I remember about a year ago I had this same problem and Symantec did a webex and repaired it. I think (cough cough) that they deleted some files and touched up the registry. I really can't remember. What else can I try to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance for your help.