I've looked through a few related questions, but wanted to get a bit more specific.
Here's what I'm hoping for:
- Linux machine (VM, whatever)
- runs applications that can do syslogging and dashboards
- grabs information from Juniper and other NON-CISCO devices (using SNMP or whatever)
- provides realtime graphs and reports
- notification support / troubleshooting
- web interface
- all open-source or free
Now for the caveats. I know about NAGIOS and Groundworks and Zenoss...even tried messing with them in the past. The problem is that I'm a Windows admin and have very limited Linux experience. So when it comes to anything beyond turnkey or walkthroughs it starts to get dicey quickly. I end up scrapping them because the learning curve is too great especially when you don't know the Linux commands well enough to troubleshoot and configure properly.
So can anyone recommend a quick and easy solution that will get me up and going with the above (bearing the caveats in mind)?