I have in the past few months gotten acquainted with setting up a linux web server, making it secure & hosting multiple domains on it.
What I am planning to do in the near future is setup a small hosting company that will host 4-5 clients to begin with and then later scale.
I want to know from people that have experience in this industry :
1) Is it a good idea to use the Amazon-ec2 to setup the server and use it for this purpose(as opposed to having a dedicated setup).
2) cPanel optimized for VPS costs about $15 a month, which is okay. There are several add-ons available and the cost with all of these runs into about $150+ per month($1980 a year) which is pretty expensive for a small setup. What add-ons do you advice for a simple small setup.
3) Does cPanel handle resource division, where a particular user will only have access to x amount of ram/bandwidth/processor usage and will not hog into other users resources.
4) Will this sort of a setup enable a reseller accounts or only direct customers under the main account?
5) What blogs/books have helped you to learn about and deal with this sort of a setup?