To give a background,
I need about 10 instance replicas for a research purpose. So, here is what i do:
- I have an EBS based EC2 instance as master instance where i do all the development.
- Create an AMI out of the master and launch 9 instances using it.
- Whenever there is a change in master(Apart from code change, i manage code sync using SVN) i repeat the step 2.
As the master instance has EBS backed, the instances that i launch using its AMI also has the same.
Now, i dont want the other 9 instance to have EBS (for cost purpose).
So, my question is
- Can i create a S3-backed / instance-store AMI out of an EBS based instance? [ or ]
- Can i create S3-backed / instance-store instance from EBS based AMI?
Please help me out. Thanks in advance.