I work for a web hosting company and we are looking for some SMTP software with Active Directory integration. Really it just comes down to something our customers can use easily with the SMTP service authenticating against their web process identity. We're running IIS 7 so we'd like to avoid the IIS 6 SMTP, which really isn't robust enough to begin anyways.
Our requirements really seem simple, but we keep hitting barriers with the software we are evaluating:
- We can lock it down with active directory to prevent spammers from signing up
- Ideally runs on Windows, but we're plenty comfortable with *nix based systems
- Good logging support so we can track who might be abusing the system
- The ability to throttle the amount of mail to prevent people from spamming
- Ideally would be able to set to run in a HA scenario
All the solutions that I keep running into seem like overkill, or don't have support for active directory. Any suggestions?