I'm trying to build a new box with
- an Intel DQ670W Motherboard (8GB RAM + i5/2500)
- an HP SmartArray P410/512 RAID controller (with battery)
- 2x WD10EALX 1TB SATA drives
I'm falling at (almost) the first hurdle. It boots the BIOS, and the SmartArray detects and shows the drives when it starts and goes into ORCA (the ROM BIOS Raid Management tool)
The ORCA Utility reports the two drives correctly and allows me to select a logical disk as a RAID 1+0 disk of 985GB.
BUT - when I hit ENTER to create the logical disk, I immediately get
==Configuration Error== A fatal error has occurred. Command: 51h SCSI Status: 0000h Command Status: 0004h
Pressing ESC just takes me back.
- other known-good SATA disks (also detected properly by ORCA)
- using different cables
- using the other microSATA slot
All with the same result - and I'm stumped.
The microSATA fan-out cables are pukka HP ones - not cheapy ones off eBay.
Am at a loss... can anyone shed any light on what's wrong?