I'm trying to make an HP DL170 G6 server boot via the "virtual media" feature.
The system doesn't even try to boot from the virtual media, it seems unable to see it!
Here's the test we've been doing:
- Checked correct boot order to force CD/DVD and removable drives
- Disabled all the other boot items and tested CD/DVD and removable drives singularly
- Checked if ISOs are bootable, tried multiple ISOs (Knoppix, Ubuntu, Damn Small Linux)
- Successfully tried to boot from USB stick (so the ISO is good)
- Tried different client OSes (windows XP 64, Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS, Ubuntu 11.04)
- Tried different Java JVM (1.4.2_19, the bare minimum)
- Checked if the USB subsystem was enabled in BIOS
- Removed any USB peripheral attached to the system like USB keyboards (stated as a possible problem)
- Upgraded BIOS and iLO firmwares to the latest revisions
- Excluded network problems (blocked ports, etc.) by connecting the iLO straight to a laptop with an Ethernet cable
- removed vlan config from the iLO
- Rebooted the system multiple times, cold booted the system as well
- Tried different browsers (Opera 11.50, Firefox 4, Firefox 5, Chrome, Internet Explorer 8)
- Checked, double checked, triple checked that the "connect" button in the virtual media applet was pressed and the ISO correctly mounted
- Ran the browser as root
All these tests have been done and nothing succeeded so far. Anybody know what's wrong?