So I'm in a bit of a sticky situation.
I really like Mint, which I'm currently using for my analytics. Google Analytics wasn't cutting it, because I need real time info. Now, I'm outgrowing Mint a bit in that, without writing a pretty significant plugin, I can't easily track my static file downloads (from a Rails/Sinatra/Node.js app).
Ultimately, I need an all-in-one stats solution that meets all (or most) of the following requirements:
- Great UI (or if I can at least rewrite the UI myself, I'm fine with that)
- (REST) API for me sending it stats manually (e.g. static file downloads)
- Either self-hosted, or service-based and free/reasonably priced
- Real time viewing of stats
- I'd prefer it not use PHP if possible
- No MySQL would also be a plus
- Needs to be fast
- I don't want a log analyzer (AWStats, Analog, etc.)
- Extensible, if possible, so that I can track extra metrics that may/may not be available in the shipping package (this one is a nice-to-have)
Are there any better alternatives? Should I use Hummingbird/Snowfinch? Should I just roll my own? Maybe give up and find a new hobby?