I've just installed an ESXi (4.1) system. The install appears to have completed successfully, and the host boots to the yellow/black login screen. Additionally:
- I can log in to the local configuration interface.
- The host is able to successfully acquire an ip using dhcp.
- I can ping that address.
- I can ssh to that address if I enable remote tech support access.
- I cannot access the system via http (even though the screen says, "Download tools to manage this host from http://my-host/".
- I cannot connect to this host using the vSphere client.
There are no intervening firewalls that could be blocking this connection.
From what I've been able to figure out from the documentation and various VMware forum posts and KB articles, this doesn't appear to be a common failure mode. Can you provide any suggestions to resolve this?