I have a single Windows 7 x64 machine that has shares running on it that I'm trying to access on the LAN. The IP of the Win7 box is on the same /24 subnet as the computers that need to access it. The machine I am trying to use to access the share is a Win 2003 x86 Standard Edition. It is also the domain controller, of which domain the Win 7 machine is a member.
When I attempt to browse the share, I go to \\win7\ or \\IP and it says "No network provider accepted the given network path.".
Steps I have taken so far:
- Cleared cache/flushed dns on DC as well as on Win7 box.
- Restarted Win7 box
- Verified Win7 shares are setup properly
- Verified I am able to browse to \\win7 from that same computer
- Verified I can ping the win7 box from W2k3
- Verified I am able to RDP from W2ke to Win7
- Windows Firewall is off on both machines
- Win7 has Symantec Endpoint Protection which, when disabled causes the same issue.
- Ensured that settings in Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Center on Win 7 should be setup right for the shares to work.
I'm not really sure what else to try at this point. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!