I have a mailfilter system based on that described at: http://www200.pair.com/mecham/spam/ (Debian Lenny, postfix / amavisd-new / spamassassin / policy-weightd, etc.)
This system has been running flawless for us for the past few years (on Etch first, then re-built on Lenny after it was released)
Then in the past week, the amavisd-new process has been locking up in such a way that:
- there are still amavid processes running - all marked with "(accept)" as opposed to "(avail)"
- I can still make a telnet connection to the amavis port, but it sits there connected with no response
- running amavisd-nanny locks up my ssh session and I have to abort and start a new ssh session.
- Curious log entries "amavis: (25474-20) Requesting process rundown after 20 tasks" seem to occur before a process gets frozen in the "(accept)" state.
- This has been happening on both of our (nearly identical) mailfilters, starting at the same time (about the time of the below mentioned libaprutil1 upgrade)
I haven't been able to discover much on my own, and am wondering if anyone here is facing the same thing?
Can anybody point me in the right direction on this?