Here is my scenario:
- PrintServer is in domain1
- Printer1 is attached to PrintServer
- Client is in domain2
- I want to add a printer attached to PrintServer to Client
- I can add other printers from PrintServer, but when I try and add Printer1, I get the following message:
"A policy is in effect on your computer which prevents you from connecting to this print queue."
- Client is Win7 x64
- PrintServer is Windows 2008 R2 Standard
- The client has a GPO being applied to it that has the Point and Print Restrictions set to Enabled, and PrintServer is not in the allowed list of print servers.
From what I understand, Client should not be able to connect to any printers on PrintServer, since it is not in the approved print server list, but it can. The only printer that is being prevented from being added is the one that I want (of course).
Let me know if you need any more information, but this is driving me crazy!