I've been preparing a new Linux server in the office to be used as a VM host using Proxmox. Now that the basics are done we're moving it to our ISPs server room.
I'd like to make sure I haven't forgotten anything before we move the server. Here are things I've thought of:
- configure network to use correct static IPs
- update /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname, run hostname
- verify NAT config from ext. network
- update HW service info
- verify monitoring/error reporting (HW+SW)
- label drives+cables
- backup system image (just in case)
Is there anything missing from this checklist? It's on a pretty general level to make this question maybe helpful for others too.