We envisage during a 30 minute time envelope approximately 500,000 hits onto our Facebook page.
The Dynamic - HTML - static content will be handled obviously by the web server, caching and CDN elements - so should be no issues with that.
What I need is some bullet points on how experts handle MySQL issues with such large user numbers.
- The Facebook page is basically just a competition form.
- We will insert a very small dataset
- There is no reading from the database during this time.\
- PHP will be the server side language
- We have to use MySQL on our host, cant use RDS or similar for example.
I have read up on Clustering / Queuing / Table Types - but just after some hands on experience from experts on Stack Overflow of the issues I may expect.