I am trying to setup Link Aggregation between a switch and an ESXi 4.1 host. When I perform all of the steps I think that I need, the switch shows the ports as being linked and that they have an avtive link state and have negotiated the speed and duplex mode, but I am not able to ping from the ESX host to the gateway or to connect to the ESX host remotely.
- Switch: Extream Networks Summit x350-48t (data sheet)
- host NIC: Intel NC364T Quad Port (quick-specs)
- host Server: HP ProLiant DL380 G5, (2) Xeon E5450, 36 GB RAM
- Changed the vSwitch NIC Teaming to Load Balance based to "Route based on IP hash"
- Created a Link Aggregation Group on the switch by issuing command "enable sharing 1 grouping 1-4" (this sets 1 as the master port, and links ports 1,2,3,4 statically with address-based link aggregation by Layer 2)
- After viewing the status being reported as expected, ran a ping test from ESX host which failed
- Rebooted ESX host
Is there something obvious I am missing?