I want to create my own custom website builder hosting platform for a niche market. I have plans on hosting 100's plus subdomains off of one primary domain.
Here's my goal:
- Allow register user to create a website, users will be giving a sub
domain as a url for his/her website(example:
- User's also get to choose from the many custom website templates we have created
- I planed on hosting 100's plus sub-domain at startup.
- User's will also have the ability to update there website via a cPanel on the share hosting server.
- I believe the biggest amount of data per sub-domain for 1 site will be no greater than 50MB TOP
- Can a Baby plan or Business plan shared hosting at HostGator, manage this setup at the very beginning, or should I jump right into a Linux dedicated server plan?
- User cPanel, WebSite building tool & template and subdomains all will be hosted on the same domain and share hosting server....is this a good idea?
This is just the basic info for a shared hosting plan
Baby Plan Hosting plan Disk Space UNLIMITED UNLIMITED Bandwidth UNLIMITED UNLIMITED Sub Domains UNLIMITED UNLIMITED
Linux Dedicated server
Processor: Intel Xeon 3450 (Quad Core) DDR Memory: 2 GB RAM Hard Drive: 2x 250 GB (dual) Bandwidth: 10 TB Domains & sub-domain: UNLIMITED